Saturday, March 10, 2007

Seminar Wrap-up

The last two sessions I attended were "Finding Blacks in Historic Newspapers," and "Neat Tricks with Ancestry.com." The concurrent sessions were "Writing Your Family History: From Idea to Manuscript," "Back to Africa Via DNA Test Results," "Planning a Research Trip," and the documentary "Trail of Tears."

Out of the historic newspapers session, I did come away with a new source to check out, PaperofRecord.com.

The Ancestry.com session had tips about "No-name Searches," "Wild Card Searches," and "First-Name Only Searches," among others.

I'm leaving a few minutes early to go home and prepare for lunch tomorrow! A full report promised!

1 comment:

Tim Agazio said...

Craig,

This was an interesting series of posts. I really enjoyed reading them. I'm also checking out Paper Of Record...thanks for the link, it looks interesting.

Tim