Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

A prosperous 2006 is my wish for you . . . .

Changes

You've noticed the new profile and that I've dropped the "nom-de-blog" in favor of the name by which the real world knows me. The old profile explained that I didn't want to get this avocation mixed up with my somewhat high profile day job. Also, I didn't want anything said here to be attributed to some other motivation. But last night, as the clock struck midnight, I ceased being a public servant and had my personal First Amendment rights restored. As a result, I feel no need to compartmentalize my life in the way folks inside the Beltway frequently are perceived as doing.

I may yet change the photo--we'll see.

Although the Bloggcast Center is fully operational, it's not running at full capacity as of yet. [Example: this post is being sent to the server at a positively prehistoric 31200 bps instead of the usual 10 Mbps!]. So bear with me as we make our technical adjustments [i.e., figure out which box the cable modem got packed in!]. And we'll meet our new motto: GeneaBlogie--Not as erudite as Eastman, Not as clever as Chris, but [what the heck, insert your own punchline here].

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

... but a whole lot warmer than he used to be??

;)

Good to have you back, under whatever name. I've missed following your research adventures. Here's to a profitable 2006!