Saturday, June 07, 2008

Great Service from Seattle!

All I can say is WOW! A few days ago, actually on June 4, 2008, at about 10 p.m., to be precise about it, I ordered a death certificate from the Washington State Department of Health in Seattle. It was the death certificate of one Velma B. Dervin, who died in Seattle in 1993. I wanted to confirm that this person was my cousin Velma Mitchell born in Rockport, Texas (see our series from July 2006 starting here). Today at 2 p.m. Pacific Time, the U.S. Postal Service delivered the death certificate. That's less than 90 hours elapsed from the time I ordered it online. That's a better service than I get from the California Department of Health here in Sacramento, and they're just 12 miles away! So hats off to the Washington State Department of Health in Seattle! Thanks a lot folks! (By the way, study of the certified copy confirms that this is my cousin Velma Mitchell).

No comments: