Sunday, November 04, 2007

Access to Rare Photos Wanted: 18th, 62nd & 65th U.S. Colored Troops

Among the stories I'm seeking to tell is that of Zeke Johnson (1847-1933), my great-great-grandfather. Grandpa Zeke "left" his master, one Wilhite, in Clay County, Missouri, in 1864 and enlisted in the 18th Regiment, U.S. Colored Infantry. He served until 1866. I'm looking for access of any sort (loan, copy, purchase, or view) of the 18th Regiment. I don't know if any exist, but I'm looking everywhere I can.

The 62nd and 65th Regiments, USCT, are also near and dear to me, since they founded Lincoln Institute, now Lincoln University, in Jefferson City, Missouri, after the war. My parents met while in college there, and I was born in Jefferson City. I'm also seeking access to any photos of those regiments.

Anyone who has any information may contact me at craig at geneablogie dot com.

No comments: