Saturday, March 10, 2007

Introduction to the Sacramento Regional Family History Center

The LDS folks are gushing with warmth and enthusiasm.

For my first session, I've decided to take "Introduction to the Regional Family History Center." I've spoken earlier with the co-director, Ron McDowell, a very pleasant man. The other options for the first session are "150 Years of Blacks in Sacramento," "Scanning and Preserving Records," and "Uses for DNA Testing in Genealogy."

As I suspect, this session seems a little too basic for me. There are good questions being asked, however, by others in the group.

Ron McDowell is saying that it takes a week or less to get microfilm back from Salt Lake City, because of the volume of business the Sacramento Regional center does. I'm not sure this makes sense, but I'll go with it. He is sincere and thrilled to have so many people in his center.

No comments: