Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Madeline Bowie

Some time ago, I came across Texas state records which indicated that my father had a sister that he had not known about. Her name was Madeline Bowie, born on May 27, 1930, in Rockport, Texas. I spent some time thinking about whether it or how I would tell my father about this discovery. I wondered if he would be upset at having learned this more than 75 years after the fact. Finally, after a discussion with with my mother, I did tell my father about his sister. He was excited and enthusiastic about the possibility of finding her. Well now after more than a year of pursuing various leads, I have learned that Madeline died the same day she had been born.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great that you found her. People should be remembered, even when they aren't with us too long. Her parents obviously cared about her because they gave her a name, even if they didn't mention her to your dad.

Anonymous said...

Poker,
Accepted Payment Methods,
World Series of Poker 2006,
Game Fairness & security,
poker game and rules,
Building a Poker Table,
Buying Poker Chips,
How to play poker,
Poker feature,
Tournaments,
Online Poker,
Promotions,