Thursday, August 24, 2006

Big Brother or Merely Uncle Sam?

This blog is read all over the world, literally. Sometimes people come upon it accidentally while they're looking for something else, but there is a corps of loyal and constant readers. [Thank you!] And I'm always happy to welcome new or occasional readers.

I was rather surprised, however, when recently someone from the United States Department of Justice and the Washington, DC area, spent a full 20 minutes combing through the various posts in the blog. Note that this was on a government computer on government time. Now I don't mean to alienate any genealogy fan, but come on now: 20 minutes at work? At the Department of Justice? Either someone doesn't have enough work to do or I'm under investigation! Was my visitor Big Brother or kindly old Uncle Sam?

No comments: