Thursday, June 22, 2006

Admin note: proofreading

We strive for excellence in everything we do here. lately however, some have noticed typographical errors as well as simply weird word placement in our postings. The reason: the Bloggcast Center has begun using voice recognition software. Frankly, it's pretty cool software. It's Dragon NaturallySpeaking 8.0. It's become necessary because typing with any speed has become the next to impossible for me, for reasons that I've alluded to before. The manufacturer of the software says that it's about 97% accurate , and I find that to be basically correct. But occasionally it will misunderstand a word or fail to capitalize properly. I try to catch these issues whereever they occur. inevitably I miss some. So hang in there with me and I'll get this software trained properly.

No comments: